Unless you’re a heckuva lot tougher than me, working outdoors during a bout of extreme weather—whether it's blistering heat, bone-chilling cold, or torrential rain—has less appeal.
However, regardless of the extreme you're trying to escape, these forced breaks due to excessive heat, cold, or wet have a silver lining. Tucked away indoors, insulated from the perpetual pull of garden tasks, I'm free to indulge in guilt-free garden dreaming. It’s a perfect time to settle-in and cozy-up, to revel in the current successes, mull over trouble spots, and set my sights on planning for my next projects.
This round-up of blog posts is a collection of my top tips and ideas for choosing plants and creating successful planting combinations in your garden.
In these posts, I hope to lift you up to provide a birds-eye view of garden-making, and hopefully a fresh perspective that will breathe new life into you and your garden. They represent the best-of-the-best of my current thinking about plant selection and garden design. Well, at least those that I've captured on this blog thus far—I will most certainly have more to say! 😉
My hope is that they'll be a gateway to new ideas for an old problem that you’ve been struggling with in your garden! Dig in, explore, and have fun in dreaming up your next garden project!
- The Goodness Ratio: The Bigger the Plant, the Higher the Bar
- Forever vs. For Now: Tips for Getting Your Plant Spacing Right (the first time)
- How to Adapt Your Ideas to Different Garden Conditions
- How to Make Plant Combos that are Practical AND Pretty
- How to Pick the Best Plants for Your Private Eden
- How to be More Confident When Choosing Plants for Your Garden
- To Create Successful Plant Combos: Describe First, then Choose
- How to Adapt Plant Combos to Different Bed Layouts
- How to Use 7 Plants in 7+ Ways to Create a Beautiful Garden
Get your creative juices flowing!